Wednesday 15 May 2013

Chalk it Up, Baby

Last time we hung out, I told you how I painted half of these guys white....
I wanted to paint the other half of these lids so that they could be easily labelled.  Then it occurred to me....chalkboard paint. Coming up soon, there will be a post about my love affair with chalkboard paint began.....but, for now, all you need to know is that I really, really love the stuff.  Today, I'm going to tell you a little bit about the continuation of that love affair....Seriously...I just can't stay away. 

I primed all of the lids with white spray primer. (I did this at the same time as I primed the other half of the lids). Then, I slapped on a couple of coats of chalkboard paint. 
 And here, we have the end result:  handy little jars with lids that can be easily labelled!
 The whole process of de-gooing and painting all the lids (white and the chalkboard lids), took about one nap time (Is it terrible that this small project is taking up about 5 posts? haha).  I'm really glad I did it, and I even have some spare jars ready to go if I need to corral some little bitty items that are just floating around somewhere in the house.

How do you tend to label your storage jars?  Do you love chalkboard paint as much as I do?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting such a great blog. I found your website perfect for my needs. Read About Buy Photos

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...