Sunday 12 May 2013

3. Put a Lid On It

After I de-gooed the jars with homemade goo gone, the next step was to paint the lids.  The brand of baby food that I use have dark green lids that aren't very pretty...

I put a cheapo plastic table cloth on the kitchen table, and proceeded to paint.  It took one coat of primer, 2 coats of white gloss (plus a few extra squirts around the edges to cover up the stubborn expiry date), and then a coat of laquer. (It sounds like a lot, but it didn't take very long at all).
 After the lids were painted, I left them to dry overnight.  Then, I had to score the edges with a knife, because the cheapo table cloth was well and truly stuck to them...oops! I feel like I have this issue every time I paint anything....I just need to figure out a good surface to use as a base for painting stuff. Anyway...I digress. After it was all said and done, I had quite a few cute little jars ready to put stuff in....
What did I do with the other half of the lids?  Well, I'm glad you asked....more on that next time!

Have you done much spray painting? What should I use as a painting "back drop" that doesn't stick to the paint?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...