Let's take a little look back at what we did around here in September:
- I re-painted our bedroom feature wall.
- I made some sinfully delicious Millionaire's Poke Cake.
- I made 30 crock pot freezer meals and shared a Shopping List Printable
- I got together with 2 beautiful friends to make some pretty Autumn Wreaths
- I organized my travel budget and almost stuck to it. ;)
- I shared a DIY Herringbone planter
- I made these Fig, Bacon, & Goat's Cheese Crostini
- I contributed some storage ideas over at Pretty Organized.
I was thinking about the blog yesterday, and realized that it started as a fun hobby but was beginning to feel like work. I was putting a lot of pressure on myself to come up with good ideas and complete projects. Combine that with all the writing, photo editing, and networking that goes on in blogland, and I could end up spend a good chunk of time doing "blog stuff" each week. (Perhaps I could have justified this if I was making more than roughly £4/month? ; )
I realize now that other, more important areas of my life were getting somewhat overlooked for the sake of home projects and/or the blog. First off, I need to spend more quality time with my boys. Second, I need to exercise more. Third, I need to take some time to relax and enjoy our home in its current state. All of those things are vital to my long term emotional and physical health.
That's not to say that I still won't be blogging. I still have some good ideas up my sleeve, and I still find so much inspiration in reading other blogs, that my hands won't stay idle for long. I basically wanted to give a heads up that my posting schedule will be going down to 1-2 times a week for the foreseeable future. I'm going for quality over quantity here, folks. I hope you'll stick around!
What were your September highlights? Did you have a crazy busy month like we did??