Wednesday 7 August 2013

Master Bedroom Update {Trim & Accent Wall}

We've still been busy working away in the master bedroom, and I've got a couple of exciting updates! 

We have new trim!  Below, you can see my husband's very official and recommended method of holding the baseboard in place while the adhesive bonds to the wall. You just stick a screw into the floorboards and lean whatever tools you have on hand between the screw and the trim.  As you can see from the photo, chisels/putty knives work particularly well...
Jim still needs to do put some filler around the edges, and then we will stain the trim white like we did in the  laundry room.  We like the look of stained white trim, rather than glossy white, since you can still see the grain of the wood underneath!

 If you follow me on twitter, you may have seen my post that I got the navy blue accent wall painted.  Here it is in all it's blue glory.
I am so happy with the way it looks.  I think the colours in here all look super crisp and fresh, and I'm excited to see how it all ties together with the white bedding/curtains, and the mixture of dark wood/white furniture.  (P.S. I've ordered a new, sparkly light shade to replace the boring one you can see peaking out at the top of this picture).

That's it for now!  I've still got another coat to put on the windowsills, and a few more touch ups. Plus, I'm in the process of giving some new furniture from the local antique warehouse a little TLC!

Oh, and in case you were wondering, the rest of the house is a total mess..... 

How do you keep on top of the housework in the middle of a project?  Does everything seem to explode everywhere like it does in our house??

8 comments:

  1. I love the blue Beth!

    I can't wait to see your plans for it.

    Annie XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blue wall is amazing! Great focal point. Do you only use glue for the baseboards? No nails?

    Even though I do my best to keep most of the house clean when tackling a project / room, I do have to set up a work station so I have everything ready to go the next day. I do not like hunting around for tools I need during a project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, my husband has this stuff called "No Nails" that you apply with a caulk gun. The trick is securing them in place! He used it for the trim around the door too, which is a little easier because he could secure that with clamps.

      Thanks for the tip on keeping myself organized during a project! I just feel like everything's a little "off" around the whole house if one room is in mid-project chaos!

      Delete
  3. I love the navy blue accent wall! I am so into navy blue right now! Can't wait to see the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! We are making progress... Slowly but surely! :)

      Delete
  4. Very exciting! I love blue, I came over from Julie's blog Being Home to find you! Can't wait to see what you do with it! and happy to follow you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...