There comes a time
of the month in every girl's life, where she's just gotta curl up with some ice cream for dinner. Unfortunately for me, this time came one evening before my Weight Watcher's meeting. I could just imagine the disaproving look on my leader's face when I explained why I had gained 5 pounds that week. "It's not my fault! I blame Ben. And Jerry. Okay...I ate a pint of ice cream last night. WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!"
- 900ml (2 pints) of light (4%fat) Vanilla Ice Cream
- 250g (1 Cup) of 0% fat Greek Yoghurt
- 4 x Mini Oreo single serve packages
- Blend half of the ice cream, all of the yoghurt, and 2 of the packages of oreos in a blender until just combined.
- Lightly crush the mini oreos in the remaining 2 packages.
- Combine the yoghurt/ice cream mixture with the remainder of the ice cream and crushed Oreos by hand.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes or so before enjoying a scoop or two!
A serving of this is about one scoop. And it's roughly 95 calories (maybe a bit less). I was going to work it out more specifically........but my fro-yo was melting. Also, Ben and Jerry's can't be mad at me for denying them my business on this occasion, since I'm pretty sure that I singlehandedly kept their business afloat during my pregnancy.
How do you get your ice cream/chocolate/sweet fix for less calories? Or do you just indulge in smaller quantities of the "real" thing?