This recipe is so simple, quick, and delicious. In fact, it's probably cheating to even call it a recipe! I've been having this salad for lunch a couple of times a week for the last 3 weeks, and I'm still not getting tired of it! Eli generally eats about half of the scallops- he absolutely loves them. But then again, he also likes to eat dirt....so when he eats something, it doesn't necessarily say much about my culinary prowess.
What you'll need:
- 100 g (3.5 oz) fresh or frozen scallops
- 1 tsp butter or margarine
- 1 Tbsp Mango Lime Salad Dressing (I used Sainsbury's)
- Lettuce (I used a tender leaf mixture)
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 1/4 fresh lime to serve
- Place the desired amount of lettuce onto a plate and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan over a medium to high heat.
- Add the scallops and fry for about 3-4 minutes (until the edges just start to brown a little bit)
- Add a pinch of salt/pepper if you want..you shouldn't need much!
- Place the scallops on the bed of lettuce, and squeeze the lime over the top.
- Drizzle the mango lime dressing over the top and enjoy!
I'm linking this up to House of Hepworth's and Whatever Goes Wednesday .