Monday 24 June 2013

The Incomplete Product Review: Pacapod Napier

Last week, I shared a DIY solution for carrying camera equipment.  So, today, I thought I'd review my diaper bag-- the Pacapod Napier.

I don't know about any of you other Mom's out there, but for me, the diaper bag has real potential to look like a post-apocalyptic war ground.  (This is because I know what the inside of my purse usually looks like). When it was time to choose a diaper bag for Elijah, I knew that I wanted it to have lots of compartments so that I could (hopefully) keep it organized. During my search, I discovered the Pacapod Napier.. and it has successfully helped me keep an organized diaper bag for almost a whole year!

It's like an organizational haven for all the crap really important stuff you need when you're out with baby.  There are two individual "pods" for feeding necessities, and changing necessities.  These pods attach with Velcro to the inside of the bag.


I love that the changing pod has pre-labelled suggestions of how to use the various compartments...


On the other side, there are some pockets for "Mom" gear....

There is a handy dandy clip for your keys to stop those Ninja Baby hands from stealing them.

I also like the handy clips to attach it to the handle of the stroller....
 Here's the low down: I love the Pacapod Napier...no doubt about it! My main crticism is that is pretty big and bulky.  In fact, I recently tried to make the switch to a smaller bag since I don't need to have as much of Elijah's stuff with me all the time anymore.  I only lasted for about 3 weeks before I switched back to the Pacapod.  I just couldn't find ANYTHING in the other bag.  I'd gotten so used to knowing right where everything was in the diaper bag, that the other one was just chaos.  The "pods" are super handy, and I have even used the changing pod to store my camera on a few occasions.

This bag is pretty pricey, but so are a lot of other diaper bags on the market.  I would definitely recommend it if you like to be organized while you are on the go. My Grandma got this bag for us for the baby shower, and I am so thankful that she did, because it has just been great! The quality is top notch-- the bag has had a lot of use and abuse, and it is still holding up really well.

PROS
  1. Very easy to keep organized
  2. Removable "pods" for when you need less stuff.
  3. Insulated food/bottle pod 
  4. Clips on to stroller
  5. Durable 
  6. Washable changing mat included
  7. Cute!
CONS 
  1. Quite bulky
  2. Not much space in the middle compartment
  3. Pricey
WHAT DO I CARRY IN IT?
1. In the Middle pocket
  • toys
  • shoes
  • hat
  • sunscreen
  • change of clothes
  • muslin squares
  • my wallet 
 
2. In the Feeding Pod

  •  food pouches
  • snacks
  • sippy cup/bottle
  • formula
  • bib
  • spoon
3. In the Changing Pod
  •  diapers
  • wipes
  • diaper rash cream
  • diaper disposal bags
4. In the Mom Pockets:
  • keys
  • phone
  • sunglasses
  • lip gloss
How do you guys keep your kiddos stuff organized when you are out and about?  Any tips for downsizing and still maintaining an organized bag?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...