Friday 21 June 2013

SQUIRREL! (AKA The Distraction Attraction)



Sorry for the minimal posting this week.  We had a big event going on at work yesterday, and the final preparations have kind of taken over everything for the last few days!  Today's post isn't too exciting.....but if you've ever had problems focusing your creativity, you may want to read on....

Does this sound familiar?  It's been all "Flight of the Bumblebees" around here for the last month...or two...or three??  I've had so many ideas, and not enough time in the day to get them all done.  But, it hasn't stopped me from buying and/or collecting stuff to execute said brilliant ideas.  However, instead of having beautifully finished projects adorning our home, I have only successfully completed a handful of projects.....Some Baby Food Storage Jars, a Printable Babysitter Note Sheet, some Gold Studded Word Art, and my favorite DIY Camera Purse to name a few.

One project that I've finished, which was right near the top of my list, was "Make the Hall Closet and/or Guest Room Look Like a Bomb Went Off".  (If you can't sense my sarcasm, you should probably stop reading now, because there's plenty more where that came from. ;-)

 Seriously...I have got a lot of half finished projects, and supplies lying around.  I only seem to get half way through something before something else grabs my attention......
{squirrel}
 Enough, I say!  It's time for me to refocus.  Here's how I'm planning on doing that over the next month or so.
  1. Start the Day Right, by spending time with Jesus before I do anything else.  I've made a bad habit of not making this time a priority, and it is super important for me!
  2. Don't buy Anything, unless it is a NECESSITY for completing a project I've already started (glue, staples, that kind of thing). Jim is really on board with this part of the plan.
  3. Finish Stuff, including but not limited to Elijah's birthday party invites and decorations. When I started thinking about the party, I told myself I wouldn't leave stuff until the last minute......... then I got on Pinterest to look for some cake ideas.....and I saw a picture of a nice kitchen, and some recipes, and (we all know how this ends) two hours went past without any party prep. . 
  4.  Take a Pintrication, so I don't get excited and distracted by awesome new ideas and projects.
  5. Feature other Bloggers and their awesome (finished) projects and tips right here, instead of the Weekend Pinspirations for the next few weeks.
In the spirit of finishing stuff, I finished and framed my laundry room word art, and made some free printables for Y-O-U, if you're interested.  Stay tuned for that next week!

How do you focus your creativity?  How do you fight the urge to do-all-the-things-right-NOW when just writing your ideas down doesn't help??  Seriously guys....help a sista out.

1 comment:

  1. That's a chipmunk :) And no wonder he caught your attention - he's adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...