Monday 7 October 2013

September in Review

I'm baaaaack from America!   I don't have any amazing projects to share with you today, as I have had zero energy to do anything other than our basic household necessities since I've been back! I am still living in a fog of jet lag and strange sleep schedules.   We had a great time seeing friends and family, but I have to admit that even after  5 years, saying goodbye has not gotten any easier.

Let's take a little look back at what we did around here in September:

This all took place in the span of two weeks........AND I made a transatalantic flight with a 15 month old, who started walking and got his first haircut! September was a busy month in more ways than one!

I was thinking about the blog yesterday, and realized that it started as a fun hobby but was beginning to feel like work.  I was putting a lot of pressure on myself to come up with good ideas and complete projects. Combine that with all the writing, photo editing, and networking that goes on in blogland, and I could end up spend a good chunk of time doing "blog stuff" each week.  (Perhaps I could have justified this if I was making more than roughly £4/month? ; )

I realize now that other, more important areas of my life were getting somewhat overlooked for the sake of home projects and/or the blog.  First off, I need to spend more quality time with my boys. Second, I need to exercise more.  Third, I need to take some time to relax and enjoy our home in its current state.  All of those things are vital to my long term emotional and physical health. 

That's not to say that I still won't be blogging.  I still have some good ideas up my sleeve, and I still find so much inspiration in reading other blogs, that my hands won't stay idle for long.   I basically wanted to give a heads up that my posting schedule will be going down to 1-2 times a week for the foreseeable future. I'm going for quality over quantity here, folks. I hope you'll stick around!

What were your September highlights?  Did you have a crazy busy month like we did??



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...