Friday 23 August 2013

Herringbone Crush

You guys know all about chevron, right?  So hot right now.  I have yet to use any chevron in our house, considering I don't think that ultra-modern vibe blends too well with some of the 16th century features of our home.

However, I think I may be able to incorporate some freehand herringbone (Chevron's cousin that knows how to have a good time) somewhere without it feeling too modern for our house.  This could be wishful thinking.  In my opinion, herringbone seems a little less rigid, while still offering some kind of geometric order. I first started crushing on this pattern a few weeks ago when I came across this fabulous mudroom by Ann Marie at Twice Lovely.


Today, I grabbed some inspiration from around the web of some fun ways of incorporating herringbone into home decor....

Add a bit of whimsy with these multicoloured herringbone glasses. For just $85 each,  $525 for a pack of 8, they are practically a steal! (If you grow money trees in your back yard).

You could add a herringbone rug, to liven up a neutral living area.

Or how about one of these gorgeous herringbone throws? (Again, you may need to raid the money tree for one of these).

Last, but certainly not least, you could add an entire herringbone feature wall like Jen from Tatertots and Jello !

Personally, I don't think I'd have the guts to put that much work into a whole wall of herringbone, but I'm definitely going to find a way to sneak some into our house this weekend.

If you had money trees, would you totally buy those glasses?   I definitely would.  How do you incorporate trendy patterns into your home?

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out!! I totally agree with your take on Herringbone! I'm a fan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I usually incorporate trends on fabric or paint, so that it's easily switch-outable.

    Love the pics - inspiring!

    Annie XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you could find those glasses somewhere for less $
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably. I think I'll just wait until our money tree is flowering! ;) (a.k.a. Never!)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...